If you’re already working in HR and/or L&D and can provide a range of work-based evidence from predominantly the last three years, then Experience Assessment could be the route for you. Here’s some guidance to help you decide which level of professional membership to apply for.
Are you ready for Associate member?
- Do you play an active and key role within your HR / L&D department?
- Do you have consistent evidence of providing HR or L&D advice, support and guidance to managers and employers?
- Can you demonstrate how you have supported HR or L&D programmes, projects and/or improvements within your organisation to deliver results?
- Are you able to show how you build your understanding of HR / L&D and organisational issues to inform decision making?
Are you ready for Chartered Member?
- Do you have consistent evidence of managing, developing and implementing complex HR or L&D projects and programmes gained in the last three years?
- Can you demonstrate the impact of your HR or L&D work on the business using metrics, business outputs and feedback?
- Do you work to timescales of around 12-18 months (for example planning HR business activity over a financial year or managing long projects)?
- Do you have sustained evidence of aligning HR or L&D work to meet business needs?
- Can you demonstrate your commercial understanding of your organisation(s) with evidence of developing or working on HR business cases?
Are you ready for Chartered Fellow?
- Do you have evidence of developing, delivering and implementing wide-reaching and long-term HR or L&D strategy over the last three to five years?
- Can you evidence the impact of this strategy through evaluation of business outputs such as business metrics, financial or people measures?
- Can you demonstrate how you have integrated HR or L&D strategy with the business vision, strategy and objectives?
- Do you work to timescales of three years or longer, for example developing, delivering and evaluating HR or L&D strategy over a period of time?
- Are you commercially savvy with evidence of developing compelling HR and L&D business cases at a senior level?
Can existing CIPD members apply?
If you're an existing member wanting to enhance your current level of membership, please call us on +44 (0)20 8612 6208 to discuss your options.